Combating Cancer with TPS®
TPS® is a tumor activity marker assay used to support prognosis, treatment monitoring, and patient follow-up for various epithelial cancers, including breast, colorectal, ovarian, and prostate cancer.
TPS® measures soluble fragments of cytokeratin 18, which is over-expressed in epithelial cells and particularly in many types of cancer. This information is crucial for early detection of cancer recurrence and the quick assessment of treatment efficacy.
The tumor marker TPS® is a reliable indicator of tumor cell activity particularly useful in patient management for different carcinomas. Compared with conventional tumor mass markers, the activity marker TPS® provides the clinician with earlier signals about the course of the disease. TPS® is particularly useful in treatment monitoring and surveillance of patients with epithelial cell carcinomas e.g. breast, prostate, and ovarian cancer.
The TPS® ELISA only for China is manufactured and distributed by IDL Biotech.
Find more information
TPS® ELISA assay is a valuable tumor marker for epithelial cancer, generating clinical information in breast and prostate cancer but also valuable in other forms of epithelial cell tumors such as colorectal and ovarian cancer.
References for TPS®
TPS® in prostate
4. Kil P.J., et al. Tissue polypeptide specific (TPS) determination before and during intermittant maximal androgen blockade in patients with prostatic carcinoma. Euro Urol. 2003; 43:31-38
TPS® in ovarian
5. Van Dalen A., et al. Significance of serum CA125 and TPS antigen levels for detemination of overall survival after three chemotherapy courses in ovarian cancer patients during long-term follow-up. Eur J Gynaec Oncol. 2009; 30:609-615
For high sensitivity in NSCLC
MonoTotal® is a quantitative immunoassay that specifically measures defined epitopes on cytokeratin 19, 8, and 18. The test result is directly proportional to the concentration of soluble cytokeratin fragments in serum. An elevated level of soluble cytokeratin fragments in patient samples is an indication of epithelial tumor cell activity.
Lung cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer and the leading cause of cancer mortality worldwide. Patients may suffer from one of two cancer types: Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC), or the less common, Small-Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC).
Cancer biomarkers are effective for prognostic evaluation and monitoring of disease. MonoTotal® is a sensitive and efficient tool for managing patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC).
With MonoTotal®, physicians receive an early indication of disease status, measured in terms of tumor cell activity rather than more conventional tumor burden measurements. MonoTotal® provides the physician with a reliable monitoring aid for disease progression and treatment in lung cancer patients.
Find more information
MonoTotal® correlates well with tumor cell activity and the extent of the disease. Studies published during the last years show that MonoTotal®has a strong association with clinical response in patients. MonoTotal®demonstrates high sensitivity in patients with NSCLC, independent of histotype. The overall sensitivity is about 70-75%, at 95% specificity, and correlates well with tumor cell activity and the extent of the disease.
References for MonoTotal®
4. Kim, DW. et al. Evaluation of usefulness for MonoTotal™ in non-small cell lung cancer. J Nucl Med Tech. 2009;13:171-174.
5. Wojcik, E. et al. Evaluation of the diagnostic utility of MonoTotal® in lung cancer patients. J Lab Diagn. 2009; 45:75-80.
6. Topolcan, O. et al. (Abstract). MonoTotal® – prognosis and therapy control in patients with non small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). XIIth International Symposium on Biology and Clinical Usefulness of Tumor Markers, February 4-7, 2009, Barcelona, Spain.
UBC® ELISA for Bladder Cancer detection
UBC® is an immunoassay for both primary diagnosis and monitoring of bladder cancer. The test specifically measures soluble fragments of cytokeratin 8 and 18 in urine samples. Elevated amounts of cytokeratin protein fragments are present in the urine of many individuals with bladder cancer, even at the early stages of the disease.
UBC® is available in ELISA and Rapid format.
Find more information
UBC® assay is a valuable tumor marker for epithelial cancer, generating clinical information in bladder cancer.
3. Sumi, S., et al. Preliminary report of the clinical performance of a new urinary bladder cancer antigen test: comparison to voided urine cytology in the detection of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder. Clin Chim Acta 2000; 296:111-120.
4. Sánchez-Carbayo, M. et al. Comparative predictive values of urinary cytology, urinary bladder cancer antigen, Cyfra 21-1 and NMP22 for evaluating symptomatic patients at risk for bladder cancer. J Urol 2001; 165:1462-1467.
5. Giannopoulos, A. et al. Comparative evaluation of the diagnostic performance of the BTA stat test, NMP22 and urinary bladder cancer antigen for primary and recurrent bladder tumors. J Urol 2001; 166:470-475.
6. Arai, K., et al. Clinical evaluation of urinary bladder cancer antigen (UBC) measurement for detection of transitionalcell carcinoma of the bladder: comparison to urinary NMP22 test, BTAstat test and voided urine cytology test. Jpn J Urol Surg 2009; 22: 567-574.
Diagnostics for oncology
Cancer is one of the leading causes of death worldwide, despite advancing knowledge. To improve cancer patient management, there is a clear need for efficient diagnostics tools to capture this critical clinical data.
An effective typhoid test
Typhoid fever is water and food-borne infectious disease caused by the bacterium, Salmonella enterica. IDL Biotechs product TUBEX® TF, is a rapid and sensitive in vitro diagnostic test for the detection of acute typhoid fever.
We are listed on NASDAQ First North Growth Market.
We want to be the obvious choice within our segment in the markets where we are established. The market for our products is large and we are a smaller player with significant growth potential so far. AroCell is unique for a company of this size.