We are searching for a Laboratory Engineer/Scientist for IDL Biotech/AroCell AB. IDL Biotech is a diagnostic company that develops, produces, and markets In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) tests worldwide for the healthcare sector. IDL Biotech is a subsidiary of AroCell AB. We are active in the fields of oncology and bacteriology through the manufacturing of various tumor markers and a rapid Salmonella typhoid test. We are a small, growing company that offers a relaxed but challenging work environment with opportunities to gain experience using point-of-care assays.
About the role
We are looking for a laboratory engineer/Scientist to support the development and validation of our products. In this full-time job, you will be responsible for your own R&D projects and work together with two more people in R&D. If you like challenging and stimulating work with a dedicated and skilled team of people, you are welcome with your application.
Main Responsibilities for a Laboratory Engineer/Scientist
- Work as a team member to provide support for the new product development and validation of new as well as existing products
- Ensure all experiments are performed and documented
- Maintain documents, and records as required by ISO 13485 Quality System
- Prepares formulations of reagents or standards using existing documents in support of testing
- Develop new methods and processes to increase the performance of lateral flow tests
- Operates and maintains equipment as part of a pre-determined schedule
Essential for the role
- University degree: M.Sc or Ph.D. in Biochemistry, biological sciences, or related
- Experience with protein characterization, lateral flow as well as ELISA based diagnostic assays
- Understanding of and capability to perform immunoassays
- Very good documentation and communication skills in English and preferably at least basic knowledge of Swedish
- Ability to work effectively to deliver ambitious goals
- Work collaboratively in various cross-functional settings and as part of matrix teams
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and collaboratively with colleagues
- Sound and balanced judgment skills; able to assess and handle risks; self-confident, proactive, and decisive
Location: The position is permanent, full-time, and located in Bromma, Stockholm, Sweden
Reporting to: CSO
WHAT WE OFFER
- Interesting position in an internationally growing and culturally diverse company
- Dynamic and international environment
- Work executed in project form as well as individual support analyses
- High degree of freedom and individual responsibility
We will review applications continuously, but we recommend you apply no later than 13th Oct 2023. If you have any questions regarding the position, you may contact Kiran Jagarlamudi at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!